Baker Academic

Friday, May 30, 2014

Was Bultmann's Impact Good for New Testament Studies?

If you have an opinion about Professor Bultmann's impact on New Testament studies please take moment to vote in the above poll. Feel free to explain or qualify your answer in the comments below. I would also greatly appreciate it if a few of you took the time to criticize the poll itself, calling it simplistic and/or poorly worded.

thank you,
-anthony

UPDATE: The poll widget on blogger is malfunctioning this week. I will try to re-post this poll another day.

-anthony

8 comments:

  1. Simplistic and poorly worded poll....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, at least the comments function is working.

      -anthony

      Delete
    2. I don’t understand Jacob’s complaint. Surely it’s possible looking over a scholar’s oeuvre to say whether on balance it furthered or hindered the understanding of the New Testament. (Not that there isn’t much more to be said about the oeuvre in question, e.g., just how it furthered or hindered.)

      Delete
    3. Jeff, I do believe that Jacob was just playing along.

      -anthony

      Delete
    4. Bultmann really helped me a lot.

      Delete
  2. I voted and it still tells me there is 0% for each side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry on behalf of google blogger, James. I hope it will correct itself. If not, we'll have to take it down and try again another day.

      -anthony

      Delete
    2. Bultmann won't let me vote against him. He must be as bad as they say he is.

      Delete